Sunday 20 April 2014

Thought of you

 Its been a long time but your words still make me smile, so here's to hoping you meet me in my dreams .... just this once.

 Thought of you,
What to write; what to say; how i could paint the lovely picture i saw:
Your face; an icon of serenity
Peace in being
As you slept; snoozing, drooling, snoring or neither
Then it hit me; not smack on the face; uh uh!
It was more like a fresh breath of ocean air; all salty
Kind of got me thinking of how spicy you could make one's life be
It was like a delicious breeze; you know the kind that carries the earth's scents;
its different smells .....
    Kind of the heady feeling i get when i smell you, yeah; that tingly smell
so am here; thinking, what do i write
  As i try and put your essence on paper,
What to say, maybe even sing
   to lull you this night;
To a place only you exist; you, magic and your fantasies
When you can do all you've ever wanted to
Where you'll be able to create your own world and live it
    Where you can have the X factor, you know, BE IT
Where you'll have and hold the one your heart truly desires
   So, goodnight; as i sleep this night, I'll dream of you
And maybe, just maybe
I'll meet you in your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment